Heavy showers were forecast but in the end we only got a few spits and spots of rain for the final evening TT of 2018, a 5-mile event on the A64 between Morrisons and Staxton roundabout. What was meant to be a crosswind was quite a strong south-westerly, however, so it was a hard first leg riding into it. Despite this there were several PBs, notably by Mark Williams (who may have sealed the TT comp win with this ride), Simon Walker (who leapfrogged Matt Purnell and me for the first time, I think), Hannah Bayes (who got a women's course record), Colin France (who averaged 25mph for the first time), and Ozzy Stringer (who cracked 23mph).
Thanks to Mike Potter, John Tillotson, Mick Storey, and Elaine Ward for running this.
That's the last of the evening TTs this year. There's a few weekend ones left. The next one is a 25-miler from Irton this Sunday at 9am (sign on by 8.45pm). I need THREE VOLUNTEERS to run this. Please let me know if you can help. This is the last time this year that I'll ask, I promise. I need to ride this one as it's one of the last events I've got to challenge Mark for the TT overall.
1. Steve Dodds (SPCC) 10:50 (27.69mph)
2. Simon Ward (SPCC) 11:04 (27.11mph) PB
3. Mark Williams (RCC) 11:14 (26.71mph) PB
4. Simon Walker (SRC) 11:15 (26.67mph) PB
5. Dan Joyce (RCC) 11:27 (26.20mph)
6. Matt Purnell (SPCC) 11:28(26.16mph)
7. Hannah Bayes (Liv Giant) 11:41 (25.68mph) PB
8. Shaw Pickard (SPCC) 11:43 (25.60mph)
9. Colin France (SPCC) 11:58 (25.07mph) PB
10. Barrie Cappleman (SPCC) 12:11 (24.62mph)
11. Jon Dyer (SPCC) 12:26 (24.13mph)
12. Richard Sixsmith (SPCC) 12:32 (23.94mph)
13. Ozzy Stringer (RCC, J) 13:01 (23.05mph) PB
14. Jim Gleeson (SPCC) 13:36 (22.06mph)
15. Katy Cawthorn (RCC, W) 14:15 (21.05mph)