A warm evening with little wind for the 25-mile TT from Irton, around the Yedingham triangle, and back last night. There were quite a few PBs, although sadly not by me. Mark Williams, still in imperious form, went under the hour for the first time with a 59:58, while Paul Griffiths got a PB despite being on his gravel bike. Katy PB'd as well, and Simon Walker knocked minutes off his time. I think Colin France did too. If you got a PB and I've missed it, apologies. Well done to everyone who rode, particularly Pete Roebuck for his win (which was another P.
Thanks to Matt Matchouki and Andy Firth for marshalling, along with Brian Musson, and thanks as ever to Mick, Elaine, and John, without whom it would have been pretty much impossible to run the series this year.
Next event is a 15-mile TT around the Yedingham triangle next Wednesday, with an earlier start of 7pm (sign on before 6.45pm). Meet in the usual place. The week after THAT (Wed 15th Aug) it's a 10-mile two-up TT in the same place. It's like a team time trial like you see on the telly, except there's only two of you, both taking turns in the wind. A good one for the roadies to try - find yourself a partner now! (I'm riding with Mark, or possibly just sitting on his wheel.) We're hosting that event and we'll need marshals on all three junctions AND an extra pusher-off. Please let me know if you can help for an hour or so, and have a chat to anyone who TTs or who has volunteered - they'll tell you how easy it is to do and how vital it is. The two-up is the last-but-one TT we're hosting this year, although there are still a few others that Paragon are running - not least their Open event at Burton Fleming on 1st September (details to follow).
1. Pete Roebuck (SRC) 57:33 (26.06mph) PB
2. Mark Williams (RCC) 59:58 (25.01mph) PB
3. Dan Joyce (RCC) 1:00:48 (24.67mph)
4. Daryl Maffey (SRC) 1:01:15 (24.49mph)
5. Simon Walker (SRC) 1:01:24 (24.43mph) PB
6. Colin France (SPCC) 1:02:36 (23.96mph) PB
7. Paul Warters (YCW) 1:02:41 (23.93mph)
8. Luke Backhouse (SPCC) 1:02:55 (23.84mph)
9. Rob Corney (SPCC) 1:03:06 (23.77mph)
10. Olly White (SPCC) 1:04:04 (23.41mph)
11. Barrie Cappleman (SPCC) 1:05:20 (22.96mph)
12. Paul Griffiths (RCC) 1:05:22 (22.95mph) PB
13. Matt Middleton (SPCC) 1:05:49 (22.79mph)
14. Richard Sixsmith (SPCC) 1:05:58 (22.74mph)
15. Robin Stephenson (SPCC) 1:06:35 (22.53mph)
16. Katy Cawthorn (RCC, W) 1:09:20 (21.63mph) PB
17. Karl Simpson (GS Creazzo) 1:15:33 (19.85mph)