Another nice summer evening for the Hackness Hilly 10 time trial. There was enough of a line down the hill from Suffield that the loose chippings didn't prove to be too much of a problem. Some hesitations, no falls. Robin Stephenson managed to get the KoM on the top part of the descent!
Well done to Steve Dodds for the win, to returning rider Ben Roberts for pushing him close, John Galway for his third place, and to Mark Williams for yet another course PB. (He knocked a minute off.) Well done also to everyone else who rode; it's not the easiest course.
Thanks to Dave Myers for helping me at the finish, and to Mick, Elaine, and John for pushing off and marshalling.
There was a BBQ and cakes at the finish, courtesy of Jackie Hough and her helpers (chefs James and Mark, Ange Archer, Debbie, and no doubt others I've missed - sorry), enjoyed not just by the TTers but Matt Hough's mountain bikers and Anne Blood's Breeze ladies. A lovely night.
The next TT is on the Malton/Pickering course next Wednesday. Paragon are hosting that one. The week after that (Wed 1st Aug) it's the final evening 25-mile TT, which we're running. I'm looking for volunteers to help with this, primarily someone to hold the watch and someone to marshal the main road junction in Snainton. Please let me know if you can help.
1. Steve Dodds (SPCC) 25:42 (23.35mph)
2. Ben Roberts (SPCC) 25:55 (23.15mph)
3. John Galway (SRC) 26:35 (22.57mph)
4. Mark Williams (RCC) 27:18 (21.98mph) PB
5. Chris Duck (SPCC) 27:50 (21.56mph)
6. Olly White (SPCC) 28:35 (20.99mph)
7. Robert Grainger (SPCC) 29:03 (20.65mph)
8. Robin Stephenson (SPCC) 29:48 (20.13mph)
9. Colin France (SPCC) 30:10 (19.89mph)
10. Matt Middleton (SPCC) 30:34 (19.63mph)
11. Ben Sixsmith (SPCC) 32:19 (18.57mph)
12. Richard Sixsmith (SPCC) 32:24 (18.52mph)
13. Katy Cawthorn (RCC, W) 34:40 (17.31mph)
14. Paul Marr (RCC) 35:14 (17.03mph)
15. Hester Butterworth (SPCC, W) 37:16 (16.10mph)